I was recently nominated by Tilda at Swift Expression for the above mentioned award. I think she was a little unsure in light of my spiritual path and my taste for the darker and naughtier things in life, if I would welcome the nomination for something which in translation basically means cute and lovely! Well I like to think I can be cute and lovely even though I am a sex crazed, bisexual, Satanist! And I was genuinely touched at receiving the nomination. So many thanks to Swift Expression!
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word ” Liebster” comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
- Thank the person who nominated you. Thanks Tilda!
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
- You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
You paste the award picture into your blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
11 Random Facts about me
1) I used to believe my soul lived in the back of my knee.
2) The final scene where Hugh Grant joins the boy on stage to sing in “About A Boy” always makes me cry.
3) My first tattoo was a Ying Yang sign.
4) I’m really bad at skiing
5) My childhood ambition was to be a ballerina
6) I don’t like eating shell-fish.
7) I prefer rucksacks to handbags.
8) You may have seen me as an extra in several films or TV series.
9) I’m a member of Greenpeace and Amnesty International.
10) I believe there is life on other planets and that Earth may have been visited by intelligent aliens at various times.
11) I’m a good driver but I don’t really like driving.
The questions I have to answer (slightly rephrased) are as follows;-
1) Am I who I want to be?
2)Am I doing what I want to do
Yes, but there are many more things I would like to do as well and I hope I will get the chance.
3) How much of the way I perceive myself is really me?
I am probably not the best person to answer that but my instinct says all of it.
4)How much is reaction to old wounds?
I have plenty of old wounds and for sure part of who am is in response to wounds and difficulties I have had. We should all learn and grow from life’s experiences, good and bad, and I hope I manage to do that in a good way.
5)Can I flow freely in the way I want to?
Not sure. I think so but there will always be some obstacles, that is pretty much what the challenge of life is all about.
6)If not what is stopping me?
7) Do other people like me?
Some do, in fact I hope most do but I am sure to alienate some people.
8) Does it really matter?
Yes and no. It is nice to be liked and I admit I would find it difficult if nobody liked me… But you have to be yourself and in the end I think more people like you if you are true to yourself; even if that means some people won’t like you.
9) Is there a part of me that I don’t like?
I can seem arrogant although I try not to be.
10) How could I get rid of that part?
To be honest, I couldn’t. I suppose I am arrogant sometimes.
11) Anything else?
The more I learn the more I realise I still have a lot to work out.
11 Questions for my nominees to answer…
1) Why did you start writing a blog?
2) What is your favourite work of fiction?
3) How would you describe your personal philosophy/spiritual path?
4) What has impressed you lately?
5) What has depressed you lately?
6) What advice would you give your younger self if you could go back in time ten years?
7) What are your vices?
8) What would you like to achieve in 2013?
9) Describe your personal style.
10) What is your favourite city?
11) Name something that always makes you smile.
And my 11 Nominees in no particular order are…
(Please keep in mind that my tastes are eclectic and some of the above mentioned blogs may contain adult material which will not be to everybody’s taste.
I have no idea if these blogs have more or less than 200 followers;- I don’t think it matters anyway. They might not all be cute and cuddly in the normal sense of those words either. Liebster can also just mean favourite).
- The Liebster Award Nomination (sweetsnsweat.com)
- Liebster Blog Award: The first award for my blog (smartntrendymom.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (citizentom.com)
- [The Grinning Skull] My Liebster award Nominations….. (thegrinningskull.wordpress.com)
- Liebster award (buildingblockx.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award! (trueknights.wordpress.com)
- The Coveted ‘Liebster’ Award (booksbyjudithvictoriadouglas.wordpress.com)